Friday, October 3, 2014

Homemade Peanut Butter


I should be concentrating on where I am going today.  I should be packing for Paris.  I am leaving in less than 3 hours.  But where am I, and what am I doing?  Yep, I am in my kitchen preparing homemade peanut butter for sandwiches on the flight.  It's the truth!

I have wanted to make this recipe from Brown-Eyed Baker for awhile, but haven't gotten around to it.  Why get around to it on the day that I'm heading across the Atlantic?  Well, the short story is that we normally pack a meal/snack on a long flight, especially one like this where we arrive tomorrow morning and you never know just how long it will take from Charles De Gaulle to downtown...and I want us to be prepared.

Yes, I know that the airline will provide a dinner and a breakfast.  But what is that exactly?  This is what drives me to prepare something here...just in case I don't like what I'm served.

The only modification of this recipe was to cut it in half.  Rather than yielding 2 cups, I made only 1 cup of peanut butter.  This recipe is completed in less than 10 minutes because...well, it only has one ingredient! Winner!


Homemade Peanut Butter

2 cups of dry roasted peanuts

Directions:

1)  Place the dry roasted peanuts into food processor.
2)  Process for 2-3 minutes.  The peanuts will go from a granular to dough-like consistency and then right to heavenly smoothness.



Peanut Butter Bagel avec un peu de sel

Wrapped and ready for carry-on

No comments:

Post a Comment